Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bruges .. Shoes?


Hey all...Sitting here in the hotel in Bruges, Belgium and all I have to say for myself (other than Belgian beer being no less than 8%) is that this place has way way too many shoes. It is clear that the shops here are catering to the active tourist, as every other window is strewn with brand after brand and shoe after shoe. It took me about 1/4 of a block before I was completely desensitized from all of the foot shopping here. The brands weren't all that great (the picture above was actually from a store in Amsterdam, a store that I glady spent my time in), the styles didn't wander far (at all) from 'euro', and the prices were nothing to pull the wallet out about. This city is one of the helping factors of making my life a more appreciated and simple thing upon my return. I do not need to leave a place with a pair of sneakers to ensure that I have proper memories of being there. I do not need to exit a city with a certain amount of money spent (wasted?) on clothes to offer me the memory of being there. Rather, all I would choose to hold is the favorite picture I took in my hand proving that the trip acutally happened because while on foot in Europe there is so much more to life than shopping at a store with a (more than capable) website.

1 comment:

tym said...

MORE!!!
and thank you...