Saturday, February 14, 2009

Underground


Landed in London early this afternoon at an airport that is miles north of the city. Transit by rail made the progression of grassy fields, sheep farms, and quaint english homes into the factorys and multi-complex housing seem like a timelapse; very very cool. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Berlin had a dope public transit system .. then I arrived in London. The famous London Underground rail system is the most thought out and easy to use line I can even imagine. Other than the fact that this city is SO DAMNED HUGE, once you figure out where you need to go it is effortless. This brings me to needing to give a BIG UP to Rodney!!! If it wasn't for this UK local who literally took me under his wing while he was on his way into London (with his equally as friendly wife) and walked me through what line I were needing to take, standing in line for at least 20 minutes to get my ticket and before all of this guiding me to the right people to ask whether or not we needed a visa to travel to Amsterdam. Thanks again Rodney, hope you are reading this. Anyway, its time to head back into the city for I only have a mere 20 hours to enjoy what will most likely be one of the premier places I visit on the next European vacation...

No comments: