Monday, June 23, 2008

Pool Sharking


I am currently working on a feature film that is funded by a church. I am sure that it wil be rated PG. After working our day today in the church, one of the guys from the camera department (the first assistant, to be exact) ran a girl in a game of pool.
The table, rickety. The girl, no older than 12 years old.
When I say that he ran her, I mean it. It was sad to see, as he refused to pull back and take it easy on her. When I got to the table, he was working on the eight ball; with six of her balls still on the table. After sinking his winning shot, he says "alright, rack em' up."
NO JOKE.
This dude just got done with a 13 hour day and was schooling a poor little Christian girl in a game of pool. She tries to rack the balls, and he steps in (because she didn't know how to) to rack them for her. This time, he lets her try and break. She breaks weak, and he jokingly says that she needs to "maybe learn a little english" before he runs the table down yet another time. I laughed saying "this is definitely bloggable" aloud. He didn't know anything about the 'rice and cholo' blog obviously and joked back.
Well, here I am finishing the blog and it was/is definately for real.
Lesson learned : 'If you are playing a kid in any game, take it easy on them. Especially if it is a parlor game, for kids don't generally have enough time spent in parlors to hone their skills; little own learn english.'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, this fiasco must have been far worse than I remember it...